"Ice deformation; from the model material to ice in natural environments"
7-9 november 2011
in Grenoble, France.
In the frame of the ESF project MicroDICE
The purpose of this conference is to gather researchers from the material science community around the following subjects that have been studied with ice:
- Intermittency and scale invariance, from dislocations to polycrystal
- Strain heterogeneities and recrystallization mechanisms
- Multi-scale characterization and modeling
- Brittle deformation, from the material to the large scale environment (sea ice, mantle crust...)
- Ice and engineering materials
- Polar ice deformation
- Extraterrestrial ice deformation
You will find more information on the conference website (still under construction):
Deadline for abstract submission will be early may 2011.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any information.
MONTAGNAT RENTIER Maurine
Chargé de recherche
Laboratoire de Glaciologie et de Géophysique de l'Environnement
54 rue Moliere, BP 96
38402 St Martin d'Heres cedex
tel : 33 (0)4 76 82 42 67 / fax : 33 (0)4 76 82 42 01