5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology, Big Sky, MT (USA) 8-12 September 2013 - deadline: 1 June 2013
The 5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology will be held in Big Sky, Montana (USA) from 8-12 September 2013. This meeting will be a continuation of the highly successful meetings previously held in Rovaniemi, Finland (2004), Innsbruck, Austria (2006), Banff, Canada (2008) and Ljubljana, Slovenia (2011), which brought together leading international researchers and students in this field. The objectives of the Big Sky meeting will be again to bring together scientists, students and professionals to discuss all aspects of cold-adapted microorganisms and the roles they play in polar and alpine environments, to address recent developments, and to exchange ideas and experiences on an international scale. The conference will provide a multi-disciplinary forum to explore emerging areas in the field and as always, will have a wealth of opportunities for the exchange of ideas and building of collaborations.
Includes topics related to prokaryotes, eukaryotes, viruses, technological developments, and process related research
* Sub-zero Microbiology: Links to Other Ecosystems
* Microbial First Responders to a Changing World
* Thresholds and Tipping Points in Polar and Alpine Environments
* Subglacial Microbiology
* Evolution of Psychrophilic Microorganisms
* Biodiversity, Ecosystem Function, and Environmental Change: Past, Present and Future
* Earth's Subzero Biosphere as a Model for Microbial Life on Other Icy Worlds
The initial call for abstracts and registration will be made in January 2013.
The deadline for registration and abstract submission is 1 June 2013.